Valeriano Piñeiro-Naval is Doctor (with European mention) in Audiovisual Communication, Technological Revolution and Cultural Change from the University of Salamanca (2015). He has worked as postdoctoral researcher at the Rey Juan Carlos University (Madrid) and at the University of Beira Interior (Covilhã), where he received a national grant from the Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT) of Portugal. Also, he carried out research stays at the Pontificia Universidad Católica (Santiago, Chile) and at the Autonomous University of Nuevo León (Monterrey, Mexico). His main research lines are based on the dynamics established between culture, heritage and tourism in the digital society, design and content analysis of municipal websites, and meta-research in communication sciences.
- Cultural and heritage communication.
- Tourism communication.
- Design and content analysis.
- Meta-research in communication.
Research projects and contracts:
- (In)Forming Conflict Prevention, Response and Resolution: INFOCORE. The Role of Media in Violent Conflict
- A Million Pictures: Magic Lantern Slide Heritage as Artifacts in the Common European History of Learning
- Analysis of the image of immigration in prime time television fiction
- Opinion Survey on the usage of Media in Castilla y León
- Perceptions and expectations of the Science field actors: Where is Science in Spain headed? (Conversas)
- Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.es/citations?user=Yp9j2u8AAAAJ&hl=es
- Academia: https://ubi.academia.edu/ValerianoPiñeiroNaval
- Researchgate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Valeriano_Pineiro-Naval
- Orcid: http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9521-3364
- Researcher ID: http://www.researcherid.com/rid/B-1249-2017