Félix Ortega Mohedano is Lecturer at the School of Social Sciences at the University of Salamanca since 2007. Before that, he taught at Madrid’s Universidad Antonio de Nebrija (2000-2007). Since 2009, he has been general secretary of the Institute of Research in Educational Sciences at the University of Salamanca. His main fields of expertise and teaching is the study of communication politics and industries, from the political economy perspective, as well as Media structure, new Media, studies in concentration and diversity pertaining ITs, communication and education, audience-measurement, and corporate communication. He has been visiting lecturer in the United Kingdom (London School of Economics, Westminter University, Portsmouth University), Belgium (Vrije Universiteit-SMIT-IMinds), Germany (University of Applied Sciences Deggendorf), the United States of America (Lock Haven University), the Dominican Republic, and Chile (Pontificia Universidad Católica). He is a member of national and international associations of communication and cultural industries, such as ECREA, ICA, AE-IC, ULEPICC, or Dircom.
Link to the Department page:
– Audience research
– Concentration and diversity Media
– Communication and education
– Communication economics, Political economy, Culture industries and structure of the Audiovisual sector
Research projects and contracts:
- Reception processes and socio-cognitive effects in films on immigration: The moderating role of prejudice towards immigrants.
- Analysis of the image of immigration in prime-time television fiction
- 50-minute ethnographic documentary on the evolution of the Sociocultural development center at the Foundation Germán Sánchez Ruipérez
- Blog: http://diarium.usal.es/fortega/2013/04/18/fortegam/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fortegam;
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/fortegam; @fortegam
- Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=57126978&trk=tab_pro
- Researchgate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Felix_Ortega3/?ev=hdr_xprf