David Blanco-Herrero is PhD Student in the Formation in the Knowledge Society PhD Programme at the University of Salamanca since the year 2018/2019 and a member of OCA since 2019/2020. He is conducting his doctoal thesis, titled “Spread and reception of fake news promoting hate speech against migrants and refugees in social media”, under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Carlos Arcila Calderón and with the support of an FPU grant of the Ministry of Science, Innovation and Universities of Spain.
He has a bachelor in Business Management (University of León, 2014) and in Journalism (Universidad a Distancia de Madrid, 2016) and a master in Audiovisual Communication: Research and Innovation (University of Salamanca, 2018). Since 2013 he has been collaborating with different digital media and radio stations as a journalist and cinema and series critic. He is editorial assistant in the scientific journal Anuario Electrónico de Estudios en Comunicación Social ‘Disertaciones’.
– Hate speech and fake news
– Journalism and journalistic ethics
Research projects and contracts:
- Data Science in Spain: knowledge and public perception of big data and artificial intelligence
- Development and Evaluation of a hate speech detector online in Spanish (STOP-HATE)
- Twitter: @d_blancoherrero
- Blog: http://focosenlaluna.blogspot.com/
- Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.es/citations?user=rVgTEUwAAAAJ&hl=es&authuser=2
- ResearchGate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/David_Blanco-Herrero
- Orcid: http://orcid.org/0000-0002-7414/2998